Sunday 10 January 2021

Radio Samoa 1593AM...

 During these holidays, I've been spending quality time with my folks and especially listening to my father's favourite radio station and also my late paternal grandmother's which is Radio Samoa on Auckland's 1593AM radio frequency.

What's interesting about it, for me, is the Samoan commentary, the music and that often has other English songs and some of the discussions or comments from people from around the world who tune into the radio station.

I remember, a couple of years back, in listening to the wife of the founding pastor whose vision it was to have a Samoan radio station for the community and how it was a struggle initially but now it is fully established and in its 22nd year of delivering quality programming to the Samoan communities all over the world.

So if you check out their website on: www.radiosamoa.co.nz you might be pleasantly surprised especially if you're a novice, like me, in learning more about my cultural language. As I've laughed over their jokes, listened to current affairs both happening in the world and Samoa, in keeping the Samoa communities in tune with what's going on locally, nationally and internationally...


No comments:

Post a Comment