Friday 8 January 2021

Wonder Woman 1984 movie...

 

Yesterday, I accompanied some of my family to watch the highly anticipated 'Wonder Woman 1984' (WW1984) movie that had had much hype since the COVID-19 lockdowns of last year. So I was expecting an epic storyline of gargantuan proportions as an early teenage fan since many years ago when Lynda Carter played the role in the 1970s televised series.

I must admit that I was deeply disappointed as although I like actress Gal Gadot in the role, the storyline of the movie, for me, was epicly disproportionate and didn't make sense in some areas that I needed to piece together along the way.

As with the first movie, there were scenes in this two and a half hour movie that worked really well but there were lots more scenes that were cringey and with the two antagonists, I didn't really like the way their characters played out.

I won't say anymore, except that when I went to get my new year's haircut, the hairdresser there who was also an avid fan explained, in not so many words that she didn't like the second movie and preferred the first. I now know what she meant.

So if you're considering to watch the movie in some of the new VMax theatres with the daybeds (a little more expensive), recliner chairs or the usual cinema seats, I'd caution you but then if you want to be taken on an interesting ride and don't mind a somewhat confusing experience then this movie would be the one to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment