Thursday 7 January 2021

Boba tea and sushi...

 

One of the things that I've been introduced to since last year has been boba tea or bubble tea. It's a popular drink and a new sensation to the Western world and I absolutely like the new flavours and texture.

I was introduced to it by my sister and children as they have also enjoyed it after school and as a refreshing drink so different from the usual fizzies.

However, I have read warnings that because of the amount of sugar that one can ask for, it can often be as close to the sugar ration of a can of fizzy.

That's why it's important to take it easy on the sugar and add a little more ice if you wish. It our local vendor, it's really popular and a lot of people don't mind standing in a long line to get one or two. 

I particularly like the tapioca balls that are called pearls and some are even more of taro which often gets sold out on hot days. I also like the chocolate flavoured drink and the teas are pretty good as well. It does, however, cost more than a soft drink of $2 (carbonated) at around $6 as compared to a fizzy.

And then when combined with sushi makes for a nice lunch (without the wasabi). So if you haven't already tried it why not give it a go, especially if you're an iced tea drinker, and you never know - you might even be surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment