Monday 4 January 2021

Movie "Soul" on Netflix...


 It was interesting to watch the movie "Soul" on Netflix but I must admit that I didn't really enjoy watching it that much especially after hearing that it had had rave reviews. It was a little too far-fetched for me to enjoy and I thought it took away from the main storyline about the dream that a music teacher had in wanting to be a full-time musician as a talented jazz pianist with gigs.

Although I did like the fact that it featured a Kiwi accent as in Rachel House who stars as the Grandmother voice in the Disney movie of 'Moana' and also as the Social Welfare officer on 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople'.

I first noticed Rachel's voice as an actress in theatre as she first started her acting career in theatre and would perform at schools, when I was a high school teacher, with the troupe that she was with. She finally graduated to movies and the rest, they say, is history.

I won't discuss any spoiler alerts in this blog about the movie but would suggest for adults to suspend your own understandings about the 'soul' or 'souls' in order to really be able to enjoy the movie. It was just a little too over my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment