Tuesday 23 May 2023

Paint by no's and chillaxing...

This month I've been busy painting pre-printed canvases similar to paint by numbers that has been very relaxing and quite neat to do.

As an artist, sometimes one just wants to paint without having to care about the planning of each painting etc.

With these paintings, you can buy them at local chain stores and they come with canvases pre-printed, paint and brushes and some instructions.

I enjoyed painting these canvases because I didn't need to do any pre-planning as all had been done and all I needed to do was to match the paint to the right area for painting. It didn't take a lot of effort but just time set aside to relax or call it mental wellbeing time too.

The other neat thing is that you can change up the colours or add/delete things that you don't want to paint on the canvas. For example in the blue of the water, I decided that I didn't want to have blue and white stripes on the water and it worked out for me too.

I have more paintings that I've finished this month and I'll post some up with this particular three canvases blending in well with the background. I've received a couple of comments on the canvases which I think is neat being DIY (do it yourself) rather in forking out a lot of money for similar 3 set canvases that are often on sale.

So if you haven't already tried it, like how I've also enjoyed colouring books for adults - just cause I want to colour in without having to think about it when wanting to just enjoy the finished product. It does wonders for my relaxation and mental wellbeing. 

If you haven't already, why don't you give it a try? you don't even have to be an artist to paint it. Just give yourself time to get used to holding a miniature paint brush and start painting whenever you have free time or just want time for yourself to chillax...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment