Friday 12 May 2023

Pink Breakfast fundraiser for Breast Cancer Foundation...

 

Today, I was able to host a Pink Breakfast at our Samoan bilingual Early childhood centre to celebrate our upcoming Mother's Day and show appreciation to our teachers as well.

This is in association with the Breast Cancer Foundation that encourages the hosting of Pink breakfasts during the month of May.

For our breakfast we were able to sell: cupcakes, chocolate ricies treats and muffins with buttercream toppings, with ribbon leis as well.

When I signed up to host the breakfast, the Breast cancer Foundation sent a hosting pack with the bunting flags, signage, pink ribbons lapels that are free with a donation. We also sold files, pens, beads key rings and were able to raise just under $200 including donations.

It was a real privilege to be able to host events such as this although it does take some arranging and I thank my middle child for assisting with the cupcake recipe and baking as well as looking after the stall when I was out and about running my errands.

I definitely enjoy supporting a lot of worthy causes out there who are looking for volunteers who don't mind taking some time out of their busy days to support their efforts. I'm just so glad that there were interested people who were able to support the work of this important foundation...

No comments:

Post a Comment