Thursday 3 August 2023

Arts Technology school exhibition...

Yesterday, I had the privilege of attending my youngest's Technology exhibition at our local school that I'm a board member of. It was so neat to see how so many creative ideas were shared with parents at that meeting.

It was also the first Technology exhibition that I had seen at the school and the neat thing was that each child in the Year 7 & 8 Technology classes were asked to write about their created piece.

My youngest chose to carve and asked her Aunty (my lil' sister) for some advice and direction. Needless to say that whilst in Samoa, my lil' sister was busy with it.

The neat thing was that they had worked together on the project and were able to have it displayed at the exhibition was fun. I later saw the principal and suggested that it should be an annual exhibition that would bring in a lot of parents to see their child's work.

Some of the medium that they used as well as wood were: silk with dyes, lino prints, ink on paper, string and wood, video - film etc. I observed as other parents went around with their child showing them their work but also admiring other pieces as well.

Definitely something that I would encourage for all schools as with the theme of this year's exhibition on being about identity, it was really neat to see how each child interpreted that theme into their creation. Such a neat idea... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment