Friday 11 August 2023

Launching new coaching business at our local Sushi diner...

Yesterday, I launched my new coaching business over sushi and Katsu chicken bowls at a local Sushi diner close to our International/Domestic Airport not so far from where we live.

It was quite a surprise because I had been thinking about it and had started sharing the idea with my two eldest daughters and then decided to declare it to the world and see where it goes from here.

I also asked them if they would be my first two complementary "clients/customers" (still looking for another word to replace) as they are the ideal women whom I will be targeting i.e. women of colour who have goals and dreams, and walking alongside them to help them get there. I thought of myself when I was going through making big decisions and didn't always have that elder wise successful women who had walked down a similar path could have helped me back then. 

I'd thought about how many students I'd helped over the years in my classes, who had seen success, but wanted to support so many more in reaching their goals. I also have another two nieces that I'm going to ask to join the coaching programme, complementarily, as I begin working with my own family before going global. Yes, that's right! I'm thinking global!

You might ask, well don't you do that anyway as a mother or aunty would do? well, yes I do, but I also wanted for them to check out my paraphernalia that I'm creating for the business and to give feedback on what they think. I'm so glad that my girls agreed despite their busy schedules as they both work part time, have been studying full/part time, gymming and doing other things that young twentieth century (millennial?) adults do.

I'm excited at what the future holds in wanting to positively impact more women of colour or minority women (still working on this) and to reach out and support more to overcome many of the obstacles and pitfalls that come their way. I say this as an experienced jumper always trying to overcome hurdles with side swipes, climber over and sometimes crashing through to break those barriers.

I'm now writing my last draft chapter for my doctorate, and will then be cleaning it up ready for submission late next month. There's still a lot of work to do but "we've come a long way baby" as they say. It's like end of a old dream and the beginning of a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment