Saturday 19 August 2023

Stepping up with lots going on tomorrow...

 

Went for my usual weekend 5km walk and then came back home and my lil' sister had the boom box on with her African beats so couldn't help but get those steps up with some dancing.

Hence, my steps up to 16,000 steps today as compared with some days when I'm barely scraping 3,000 steps in trying to concentrate on writing my thesis. But today wasn't one of them and feeling pretty good too.

Have been busy also in getting things ready for the graduation party tomorrow of my significant half. There's been so much to do but for once, I'm not the main organizer which is a real relief. Instead, it's our eldest who's getting everything ready.

It's also her 21st birthday next month, so that I've been busy organizing for in wanting to get something special for her with our family celebration next month. I'm just so glad that my parents were able to show me lots of ways of organizing for big events as well as smaller catering.

So tomorrow we'll be busy setting up the hall for the celebration with decorations and I was busy sewing organza table runners and sashes for chairs. Just amazing how expensive things are now but so glad that my mum taught me to sew so that it's not a problem to sew up with my trusted Singer sewing machine. So it's all go and ready to roll tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment