Monday 7 August 2023

Busy weekend: Grad, show, visits...

 

It's been such a busy weekend with attending the graduation on Friday of my significant other with his Master of Philosophy degree in Film (moreso writing the script) and exegesis.

The flowers features in the pic are lovely orchids that a local flower shop had ready. I loved the woven matting as a background with greenery including flax that gave it a lovely touch. However, I took off the baby blue ribbon that came with it and gave it a touch of gold ribbon that set it right off.

Then having dinner with our girls up in the Sky City Tower in a nice restaurant with mains and lots of different courses which was a lovely surprise.

The next day we all met up in town at the Viaduct Events centre which is right at the waterfront where we watched a show that included a culinary theme and Pasifika show of an old legend about Maui. The name of the show was called "Takurua".

It was several courses again, and the theme of the dishes matched the story, which I thought had been well thought through. I'm very thankful for my Samoan classmate, Justine, who gave me complimentary tickets that we were again able to celebrate the graduation event and time together as a family.

Then yesterday, I had my cousin/brother's daughters (my two male cousins who are brothers both had daughters) who came for a visit. Their mother, my aunt had passed away when they were very young and we've kept in touch ever since that sad day when the three of us were there at her last breath at the hospital. There I promised her that I would look out for them and have kept that promise to this day.

Their daughters came to visit with my mum, myself and family, and we were able to share old photos, we visited my aunt, their grandmother's grave. We had dinner and dessert together and it was lovely to discuss those times and some of the things that happened i.e. in filling in the gaps of those earlier days in their dad's childhood.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend with so much happening with celebrations, enjoying lovely cuisine (especially where I don't have to cook) and enjoying times together as family. That's when the magic happens in being grateful for what we've been blessed with in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment