Tuesday 1 August 2023

Tau ora - work health competition initiative...

 

It's another year and it's been over 12 years since I first joined my work's Health competition Initiative which I simply enjoy joining every year. My youngest is the product of enjoying a healthy routine and then getting a lovely surprise in my first year of the competition.

I love it as it keeps me enjoying healthy benefits whilst working together with my word colleagues towards a common goal. In the past we've been gifted Tshirts, mugs and other work paraphenalia but as I was in Samoa and got back late, we missed out and getting the full start package.

But that's okay as I currently have a team of 3 and looking out for another 2 to join our team which I've named "Incognito" as we like to run under the radar. Ha ha ha (it's an inside joke!)

So here we go for another year. My personal aim is to make at least 10,000 steps a day and as the team captain, I'm expecting that I should lead the charge. We then upload our steps of other activities that are counted i.e. swimming, gym workout times, speaking te reo Maori (language - yes! even that's counted), biking etc.

Already, I've up loaded my first activity which was very little yesterday, and as you can see on the screen. We're no.1! but that's only for a few minutes because as soon as every team is aware that information can be loaded then we are in for the race.

I'll have updates on my blog now and then and I'm not sure of the finish line but already enjoying starting today with a better approach as was dancing this morning whilst washing the dishes. Yes, still enjoy keeping my days warm in mornings rather than using a dish washer! With much more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment