Monday 26 August 2024

New sounds "Hinamoeaki"...


 I heard my lil' sister listening to this song that she had heard/seen on TikTok. It was the first time that I'd heard it and thought that some of the words were definitely from our Poly languages it's from French Polynesia. 

I've had the blessings of having travelling to the Cook Islands, Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, American Samoa and Tonga (but didn't venture out of the airport - does that count? :) all with their own unique sounds, traditional dance music and songs, dance costumes etc.

In my youth (not as much these days) I've danced traditional Niuean, Cook Islands drum dances, Samoa siva and tried the Hawaiian hula and Tahitian drum dance and just love the sounds. So when I listened to this song that was released this last year, it was neat to listen to but not so sure of the lyrics although some of the words have a Pasifika or Poly sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment