Friday 30 August 2024

Neat new Cafe & Eatery "The Gaff" with eldest...

 

Had a neat lunch with my eldest yesterday as she took me to a newish local Cafe and Eatery called "The Gaff" in Māngere Bridge, a 5 - 10 minute drive from home.

My eldest ordered our food, after we made our choices. I have to say that it was the first time I'd tried 'Camomile tea' (my eldest's choice for me) which I think doesn't stand a chance next to my usual 'Green tea' option but it wasn't too bad either.

She told me that there was information on the history of the place and that the concept for the name 'The Gaff' came from England which means a person's home.

What's neat is that I watched the conversion (over a few years) of what I thought was a early 1900s old colonial styled home into a Cafe complete with settings to eat outside, inside, and on the landing around the skirting of the house. There's even a little play house for the littlies to run around and climb up.

The menu was superb and made with love! as we ordered a steak sandwich, chicken burger and a sweet 'n savour dessert made of waffle, edible flowers, meats, banana and maple syrup. I loved the way that the plating was set up with rich colours especially for the waffle.

You'd have to taste it to believe it! as it definitely wasn't something that I would have tried by my eldest is quite daring in her palette choices plus she's gymming almost everyday so I threw caution to the wind and enjoyed it too :)

It's safe to say that I would highly recommend this Cafe and Eatery to any as there were so many people there having lunch when we were there and I would definitely recommend the outside setting too complete with overhead umbrellas where we were seated.

The prices were definitely reasonable given the amount of care and love that went into the cooking and plating up of the food that we ordered. I like that it was very diverse in it's clientele with corporate groups, friends and locals attending and I think I'll definitely be making my way there again...

No comments:

Post a Comment