Thursday 24 September 2015

4th book launch of "Tagaloalagi" tomorrow ...

I have been so blessed this year that when I look back on my journey from the beginning of the year to where I stand today I can only thank God for the miracles that have happened so far.

I also have a lot of people to thank too so at tomorrow's book launch it will be about acknowledging some of the most caring people I know who have been a part of this journey like my parents from the beginning, my husband and children, my family, friends and work colleagues and have made some new friends along the way too.

It's also about celebrating from humble beginnings with lots of hopes and dreams to seeing it to fruition and about realising a dream that has spanned over two decades and even more so if I count from my high school days.

So with 4 self published books under my belt and with many more on the production line, I feel indeed honoured and privileged to be in this space.

And for the story of Tagaloalagi, I thank the many who have contributed in some way i.e. way back when I first started writing for fun in church plays, to writing high school productions to now being able to share it in print form and for ebook conversions during the Christmas break.

In fact, to date I've received a contract to be represented for the first play "Maui and Sina" and have signed and will be sending back, with interest from libraries (book suppliers) to buy the play collections as they are released and to think that I had given up on these plays ever seeing the light of day.

Now, I marvel at the time that they have been out of sight but not quite out of mind and now there is a real interest in them as they were written as moral plays much like the early English plays that I studied at Uni but with a more Pasifika and contemporary feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment