Thursday 17 September 2015

Pacific Market week and NZ Independent Book Festival upcoming...



It's looking to be a very busy two weeks from next week with end of the term school holidays just around the corner, looking forward to a daughter's birthday, my parents flying in from Samoa for White Sunday and am promoting at two venues: the first at Pacific Business Trust in Otahuhu as a static display (meaning just products on display) from Mon - Fri on the week of 22 - 25 September with the Saturday being the market day and then the following week at the NZ Independent Book Festival which will be held this year at the North Shore Events Centre on the first weekend of Oct on Sat and Sun.

This will be my first time advertising/promoting at both venues and I guess it's for the experience and exposure in finding out what other Indie/self-publishing authors do, networking and finding out what is currently trending in NZ Indie literature with ideas that I might learn from.

In fact, I was quite surprised to receive a phone call from New York yesterday from a "Worldwide  Who's Who" networking company based in the States. I was told that I would have a 15 min interview which actually turned out to be a 50 min discussion and was congratulated in being accepted into their illustrious company with a subscription. Although I didn't go for the sub, I was quite "stoked" that I had been 'approved' through an international company.

For me, the lesson that I've learned is to never give up on dreams especially if there is a passion and a prodding in that if you believe that there is something that you can do - you probably can do it!...


No comments:

Post a Comment