Friday 18 September 2015

Playmarket Represents... "Maui & Sina"!

 
Things have been really shifting over the past few months and I must say that I'm receiving a lot of interest in my writing that would have otherwise been lost in time thanks to people such as Maria Fastnedge, my family members and friends who've believed in my writing since the school productions, the church pageants and even the work related reports I write along the way - ha ha.

Today, I received an email that Playmarket (company based in Wellington - the Arts capital) are happy to promote the play "Maui and Sina", the published playscript and to represent me for any licensing (royalties I guess?) should schools wish to produce the plays for school productions.

Wow! I had to take a step back and let it sink in that those many years ago when I wanted the plays to be published back in my 20s, there was no interest and I certainly didn't have the time or the inclination to promote as I was busy with my growing career in the field of education and didn't think it would go anywhere. Now, there's been a massive change in the literary landscape and things will never be the same.

There's also some initial interest for me in being a peer assessor for Creative NZ, another door which may be slowing opening, although I haven't yet applied for any of Creative NZ's funding in wanting to be quite independent of funding sources, rejected applications and other people's opinions etc.

I say, if there is enough support from those around you and belief in yourself then just go for it and you never know, cos if you aim for the stars and miss you might land into a cloud with a silver lining...

No comments:

Post a Comment