Wednesday 30 September 2015

Author displays and promotions...

As well as launching our 4th book last Friday with family and friends, I'm also now given opportunities to promote the books and am thankful for Pacific Business Trust in giving Pacific Businesses the opportunity to have a static display at their Otahuhu offices last Saturday as a part of their 30th Anniversary celebrations. It also gave me the chance to speak with various business owners in sharing ideas about different ways of promoting our goods or services.

This is a pic of me standing with Sita Selupe who is both founder, CEO and Principal of Rise Up Trust/Academy where one of my children attends school. Like me they started with hopes and dreams and Pacific Business Trust played a big part when they were initially starting off and they are now a fully fledged charter school i.e. Rise Up Academy who are helping to realise the aspirations of many families and I am in a privileged space in being able to support the vision.

It also gave me a chance to consider my display for this weekend's NZ Independent Book Festival on the North Shore this Saturday and Sunday which, I think, will be mainly by and for a mainstream audience. I'm not sure if there will be any other Pasifika writers or publishers and I am definitely a newcomer when it comes to promoting myself as an author of both picture books and plays (so far) but I do want to represent Pacific people in an authentic but approachable down to earth way so might go with the jandals, Island print display materials (ie lavalava) and some Pacific jewellery - ha ha. Bring it on...


No comments:

Post a Comment