Monday 7 September 2015

Father's day with spring in the air...

Although my own Dad is in Samoa for our fathers day, had a neat day yesterday with my daughter's father, my beloved, and the day turned out pretty neat with the weather calming down to mild rain with a bit of sunshine.

Our girls made a lovely cooked breakfast which their dad loved and he was pampered in not having to do any chores, so that he was able to chill, watch his sports and just generally take it easy for the day.

Then for lunch we had ice-cream dessert (cos we were still full from breakfast!) and then I made a minced layered dish with rice which went down really well. (Gave the Samoan heavy food a rest for the day.)

So have been quiet on the writing side as our youngest has been sick with the flu with me looking after her and now I am with the wet and windy weather we've been having lately, in that it's been cold and unmotivating for me to write when all I want to do is cuddle up in bed and snooze.

But the lovely spring weather peaks out through the clouds with rays of sunshine and these lovely pink magnolia flowers that I have outside my house but this particular pic was taken recently at a park that our youngest loves to play at.

Spring also happens to be my favourite month as its mild weather wise but also during my birth month so it's pretty special to me. All this whilst in the Northern hemisphere I see the autumn/fall weather closing in ready for winter. But for me - roll on spring!...

No comments:

Post a Comment