Thursday 12 January 2017

Healthy food lifestyle challenge...

This year, I've set myself up with a healthy food lifestyle challenge especially now in studying, working, writing and with family commitments. I'm working on eating healthily throughout the week (or as much as possible) and then taking it easy on the weekends.

Presently, my favourite breakfast to wake up to is rice crackers with hummus (which you can make yourself with chick peas) and a slice of tomato and seaweed (usually found on top of sushi but now able to buy at several supermarkets).

I call it my "brain food" which also includes salads, corn (although not everyone would agree), fruit and lots of water and fresh air as I'm not a big fan of air conditioners be it in cars or in the house. I've not been a big fan of red meat and recently in giving blood the test showed my iron levels as being lower.

So need to up my intake of green leafed veges or back to read meat although I'd rather not and prefer fish if need be. I've been also told that ensuring that I get enough sleep i.e. 8 hours at least helps towards healthy outcomes so I do try to go back to sleep after I get up at 3 or 4 am as my brain seems to like to work overtime.

Next up is my fitness regime which is getting underway but that's for another day. Suffice to say that the brain food is working :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment