Friday 6 January 2017

Watching "Trolls" with 1980s music...

Yesterday, took my younger ones to watch the movie "Trolls" and enjoyed it with so many funny references that I could relate to which I'll discuss in this blog. What I firstly found so very interesting, was the 1980s music that made me reminiscene of those days gone by and how the music was now being remade into the movie that this generation would learn especially the song "Hello" by Lionel Richie (who is still going strong!).

It was also neat on how colourful it was. Definitely wouldn't interest those who like to look at the "darker" side of things and also the fact that they seemed to scrapbook (in felt material) a lot of the events which was such a laugh as I was so into Scrapbooking when I first had my children and scrapbooked lots of their photos into albums but with my youngest I don't as much as I did with my older ones.

Although it was an "underdog vs the established power" movie as in the Trolls were initially cannabalised at an annual tribute to the assist the powers that be to become happy. It was an interesting concept as Trolls in my growing up were seen as nasty as in "The billy goats gruff" fairytale of old but now in the 2000s they are actually the good guys.

Without spoiling the end (although you probably would guess what happens as in most "G" rated movies) I enjoyed the "I can't help the feeling" song by Justin Timberlake who so happened to be the voice of one of the main characters who was in the movie and would have had us dancing out of the movie theatre at the end if I didn't have to clean up after the snacks that we had.

All in all, it was a neat "feel good" movie that will have you feeling good for the rest of the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment