Tuesday 31 January 2017

Upcoming February bike challenge...

Image may contain: outdoor, text and nature Have added my name to the Aotearoa Bike Challenge and looking forward to making it happen. As a child I used to love riding my bike all over the place except that my parents said not to ride it on the road and to stay close to home, so with that I rode up and down the footpath, close to home and couldn't wait until the weekends when I could ride my bike all day Saturday.

That of course changed when I got a car and getting to places was a lot faster plus 'back in the day' I was 15 years old when I got my full licence. Now there are so many hoops to jump through before gaining a full licence but there are also many more people on the roads now and so much to learn.

So now it's back to bike riding again. I've been riding on and off and I trained for a Duathlon (walk/run and bike) a few years back and also for work on our "Tau Ora" fitness programme but now need to dust off my new bike that I bought for myself last year and peddle those wheels again. I also have a stationary bike but it's just not the same.

If you are interested in joining up, just click on the link above on: www.aotearoa.bike and register online. You can join up as an individual or be a part of a work group with prizes to win and other neat treats. I'm just doing it for fun and it's a good excuse to get up early and to watch the sunrise whilst pedalling those wheels around for fitness and fun.

Why not give it go?...

No comments:

Post a Comment