Tuesday 19 December 2017

Donuts, doughnuts and other part time jobs...

 Went to Dunkin Donuts with my tribe as it's a treat and one of those 'occasional' treats that my family enjoys. They were also selling promotional drink bottles for $5 choosing between a Santa or a Snowman and of course our youngest chose the Snowman like Yulaf the snowman in the popular Disney movie 'Frozen'.

I reflected back upon when I was in USA in the 80s and Dunkin Donuts was in almost every state or main township but not yet in NZ. Now it's everywhere and in Australia when we visited there, they were quite popular with a variety of different doughnuts in different stores.

My favourite are the ones with custard or jam in the inside filling or chocolate coating (my sweet tooth) and I noticed that they have seasonal doughnuts like: Christmas trees and snowman donuts that were nicely decorated in Christmas colours of green, red and white.

Another neat opportunity with these shops (although they aren't a healthy food) is that they provide employment opportunities for students looking for part time work or full time workers. It's one of those comfort foods that people usually go to for those feel good moments and with mine, I usually pick up the dozen donuts and leave with a big smile.

Hopefully, one a part time vacancy for one of my lot? (big smile)...

No comments:

Post a Comment