Thursday 14 June 2018

Day 7 (last day) of Ration challenge...

Today is my last day on the Ration challenge and it was definitely humbling and quite an eye opener for me. It's a fairly new charity challenge that requires you to sign up and receive a ration challenge box with a few guidelines on how to eat and 'ration' your food for 7 days all the while trying to garner up sponsors who become your supporters to raise money for a worthy cause.

I hear and see a lot on the TV and media about refugees around the world who are uprooted from their homes and often have to walk miles, with only the clothes on their back and leaving behind everything they have in order to survive and stay alive.

This is one way for me to become involved in supporting those who often aren't able to help themselves i.e. those who are in Syria and other war torn places where children and women are most vulnerable.

The pic above is of some of the resources that are encouraged for participants to access and use whilst on the challenge and I must admit that I should have used the recipe book as I kind of ate the same food but did lose 5 kgs as a result.

So although the official challenge starts next week, I've already completed mine and will consider joining up and supporting the cause by still looking for sponsors for this challenge. I must say that I was fairly surprised in that rice made me full and I didn't have any hunger pangs and the same with simple crepes so if you are interested in joining or even supporting the cause please click the buttons that follow: https://www.rationchallenge.org.nz/ and https://my.rationchallenge.org.nz/helen-tauau-filisi

No comments:

Post a Comment