Saturday 16 June 2018

Graduates from the class Certificate in Indigenous Research 2017...

Graduating my class at the Vodaphone Events Centre in Manukau
Last night it was such a privilege to see my class of twenty (although only a few came) graduate with their Certificate in Indigenous Research.

Sadly, it was the last year for that particular course but am still teaching indigenous research under a different banner, namely 'Te Kunenga o te Ao Tikanga - Rangahau' (level 4) or the gathering/development of world protocols through research.

Each of my tauira had story to tell of the times that we spent together in class, the presentation and the fieldtrips that we went on with the enjoyable times that we had together.

Each of them have now gone on to different journeys and the neat feedback that I got from all of them is the research skills that they learnt on the course has enabled them to continue their researching journeys into other fields, courses and even within their iwi, hapu, whanau, aiga, communities etc.

Afterwards, we went to Dennys for dinner and dessert and it was such a neat time to catch up on each others lives and to see where they are at and what they are doing. It was also neat to take my eldest with me who was able to take the pics of my class and share with the wonderful night that we had together.

A real joy to be a part of many journeys that in crossing paths we have been able to make each others life's journeys more richer because of it. A very blessed and humbling feeling that I thank my Father from up above...

No comments:

Post a Comment