Monday 25 June 2018

Libraries and new book...

On the weekend I decided to go with my youngest to a library which is not our local or usual and was neat to see a couple of our books in the library.

Well of course, I just had to bring it to the forefront for any to see but was a neat to see, although I did think their Pacific collection seemed small but then that could be because lots of people have already taken them out?

Also this weekend, I've been researching a new book that I've been wanting to write about for ages. It's a book on Nafanua and it's quite exciting for me because I'm now thinking about starting a new Samoan stories collection of 'Historical' tala or tala faasolopito and this could be the first to launch in that series.

And as we are going to be in Samoa for 2 weeks during the July holiday break, we thought why not launch it is Samoa? which does mean a bit of time pressure for me.

Now the text is complete and looking at the style of drawings/painting for this series and considering ink on colour pencil/water colours but still working on this to see what effects look best. So very exciting because it's been something that I've been thinking about for so long in a historical series as I know that when I was growing up, very little historical information was taught about my own cultural histories and now I get the chance to work this through for the next generations.

Please do keep an eye/ear out for our next launch or book series that we anticipate will be available in the next couple of months...

No comments:

Post a Comment