Monday 11 June 2018

PBRF - Performance Based Research Fund applications - Professional development day...

Te Wananga o Aotearoa, 2015 Symposium participants (I'm in 4th row)
Today, I'm taking a Professional development day to work on my application with Te Wananga o Aotearoa toward the PBRF (Performance based research fund) 2018 that requires an Evidence portfolio.

As far as I'm aware, every 6 years tertiary institutions must make applications to access research funding and the lecturers, teachers etc. must complete a set port folio criteria to demonstrate the research that they have participated in i.e. putting their best efforts forward. This then gets discussed by a panel and decisions are made as to the funding that each institution is able to access. That's probably very simplified and in a nutshell but very interesting to learn about.

This means that I need to be able to write about my research (rangahau, tofa sa'ili) over the past 6 years since 1 Jan 2012, starting with my second Masters degree in Creative writing and then an account for the 'outputs' that I have written, engaged in etc.

Above is a 2015 picture that taken of a group of us who participated in a Symposium in 2015. I remember delivered a session sharing about my writing journey about informing the next generation of our sacred stories that were being lost in time. And this year, I'll be delivering another presentation in October to share the gems that I have learnt along my research journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment