Monday 28 December 2020

Exciting news and a new year ahead...

 
It's been a neat Christmas season to spend with my family and especially together with my parents as we're all unable to visit Samoa at this time with border closures from COVID-19.

However, a neat surprise was finding out that in a recent NCEA (National Certificate of Educational Achievement) Level 1 Samoan 2020 Examination paper, it referred to one of the books or stories that I had retold or written a couple of years ago called Fale Samoa. 

The actual question itself was regarding the different parts of the construction of a traditional Samoan house and in the footnotes (as shown above) it references the book and my maiden name with my beloved as the translator.

This is a neat confirmation for me to continue the work that I've done so far since 2015, as this year I decided to take a break from self-publishing books in supporting our local church's Samoan Early childhood centre and a short break from my PhD studies with the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic in NZ and indeed all over the world but now it's time to get back to work.

As we count down the last few days of 2020, I'm thankful to God for another amazing year that has happened and look forward to the new year ahead and what it will bring. I trust that you all had a very merry Christmas and now look forward to another amazing year ahead, no matter what it brings...



No comments:

Post a Comment