Sunday 13 December 2020

'Mary did you know?' Christmas song...

 

Today, I listened to a neat rendition of "Mary did you know?" which is a contemplative contemporary Christmas song sung by Michael English in the 1990s. Lots of different artists have since sung their own arrangements with my favourite being the Pentatonix that I've featured before.

This year, I thought to share Carrie Underwood's interpretation of the song which has a storyline about some of the questions that one might have asked Mary if she was aware of what was to become of her baby son who had been born.

It's an almost sad Christmas song in that it points to amazing miracles that Jesus made but then for those who know how the Easter story ends that I guess if heaven is seen as the ultimate end then it is a happy ending after all.

If you do get a chance, why not check out the lyrics of this song this Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment