Tuesday 8 December 2020

Mama's donuts in Mangere...

I'm not a huge fan of donuts but don't mind them for the odd special occasion but I do know many family members and friends who enjoy: Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme and the lots that are in local bakeries and treats shops.

Last weekend, I visited the Mangere Markets with a friend and my youngest sis asked me to check out to see if Mamas donuts from Botany had a stall there as she wanted to taste them.

Well of course, that got me interested and when I found the stall at the Mangere markets, I asked for which one/s were the most popular and true to form it was the one (pictured here) that had the koko Samoa powder that packed a punch.

What was also interesting was that the stallholders appeared to be Asian and spoke about "they" meaning the patrons that liked the koko Samoa and caramel like donut but not referring to themselves

So I would definitely recommend this donut for all those Koko Samoa lovers out their and would encourage 'mamas donuts' to consider having a Samoan crew out there to sell those donuts as there was some interest but not enough when the stallholders themselves don't look too interested in them...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment