Tuesday 22 December 2020

Seniors' Christmas giving...

 

Today has been a blessed day for me as my parents wanted to go to visit some of the seniors in our church with special food parcels.

All of the seniors were in their late 70s - early 80s and it was such a blessing in sharing in their joy of remembering some of the old days and reflecting on where they are now in their senior years.

It reminded me that you don't need to be rich or it's not about making a name for yourself but it's about having a generous heart to give no matter what you have.

What I knew they appreciated the most was the time that we were able to spend with them. Not only in being able to talk and share in the memories but also in the laughter in remembering some of the special memories that they shared together.

It made me realize that this season was not one that we are meant to spend alone or be isolated away from family and friends but one that we share especially with the elderly or seniors in our lives. I know that I was especially blessed because I saw the example of my parents still caring for others even in their senior years. Something that I will remember for a very long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment