Friday 18 December 2020

Fanau (children's) day at our A'oga...

 

Yesterday, I had an excellent experience with our A'oga (Early childhood school) Fanau (children's) day break up and graduation with their families. The day was M.C.'d (Master of ceremonies) by the team leader of the teachers in the Samoan language and was enjoyed by all.

The day started with the children playing in the outdoor area i.e. bouncy castle and toys. They were then ushered with their families into the Aoga for the opening prayer with our local minister.

The graduation of the children moving on to Primary school commenced with gift-giving that also continued through each of the years and then I gave my short speech as chairperson followed by gifts for the Minister and teachers.

It was also neat to have my parents there who wanted to support as foundation members of the church and my dad gave a short speech and his gifts of monies for the Aoga and lei necklaces for the children and the minister that I was able to distribute on his behalf. 

Afterwards, lunch followed and I also bought a large cake for dessert that was enjoyed by all with the beautiful sun in the backdrop made for a very pleasant day. Our middle daughter shared her art talents with some face painting that the children enjoyed and I joined her to  makeup a lion and spiderman something I've always wanted to do.

The day ended in prayer with the Minister leaving and the children playing on the bouncy castle, laughing and talking with each other and all had a wonderful time together. I think we even be having some new children joining us in the new year.

Definitely a neat experience and looking forward to supporting the education of our next generations with many more neat plans for our Aoga, children and their families to flourish in the new year with new ideas. A real blessing from God...

No comments:

Post a Comment