Thursday 3 December 2020

Punialavaa - Beautiful Samoan song...

 

This evening as my beloved was serenading me with various songs, he sang this song and I was reminded of this beautiful song that my parents would listen to on a cassette tape (1970s - 1980s) when I was quite young by the group called 'Punialavaa'. 

The lyrics and tune are quite lovely as a beautiful love song about offering oneself to another. There has been another reformed band from the same family who have re-recorded the song a few decades later but I still enjoy this original song.

As the original band had quite a distinct sound. Something to listen to on a quiet evening when everyone has gone to sleep and you are with your beloved. Much like what I enjoyed tonight. Listen and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment