Monday 14 December 2020

The Post Office Public House Cafe & Bar lunch out...

 

Today, I had the privilege of going out for a Christmas office break-up lunch with an amazing group of ladies. What I like about these ladies are that they're fun, they're sassy and they're very knowledgeable about things Maori and other indigenous concepts.

We went to a local cafe/bar called 'The Post Office' which is a very interesting cafe concept as the theme was used throughout with stamps on the walls and a menu that looked like a letter.

And they used enamel cups, teapots and plates that had me laughing as it nostalgically reminded me of when I was little and we would go to Samoa and were often given enamel cups and plates to use.

These we also used when camping as they didn't break easily although when chipped you could see the dark foundation. So it was neat to see.

The menu was quite nice as pictured and we went for a variety of different plates with me opting for chicken steaks with fries, salad and waffles which was quite interesting and some pink lemonade which was also a first for me.

Afterwards, we enjoyed participating in a 'naughty santa' rather than 'secret santa' where everyone brings along a $15 - $20 gift and then sits in a circle where the first person opens a random gift followed by the next person. 

If they prefer or would like the first person's gift then they can 'steal' it. I was the first to open and my gift of scented soaps got stolen and replaced with some nice face products that I decided to keep to pass on for other gifts. It was quite a neat way of ending the lunch as I couldn't even fit in a dessert.

Next year we're looking forward to possibly having homemade gifts to share and I already have a few ideas for that too as I love home crafting as well as enjoy going creative and trying different things too. And tomorrow I have another outing to go on but more on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment