Monday 1 June 2015

Birthday celebrations in Sydney sight seeing...

 It's been a neat blessing to celebration Fritz's, my beloved's, birthday yesterday in Sydney. We viewed the Sydney Bridge, Opera House, The Rocks markets, the Botanical gardens (where our children went on a train ride around), Darling harbour and so much else still to see.

It's been grey and overcast since we arrived here and got to especially visit with my older brother and his wife who emigrated here back in the 80s. It's the first time for Fritz and our children but I've enjoyed visiting Sydney over the years because there's so much to see and do.

Today we've had beautiful weather in the city and it's also my mum's birthday which she's celebrating in Melbourne with my dad who's with my younger brother's family. It's neat to know that they aren't so far away.

Every now and then, I think it's important to go away and spend time with loved ones in different spaces and places to share that bond that reminds us of how unique we are as a family and to be grateful for one another. It's neat to have time out to unwind and to also consider and reflect on what else needs to be done upon returning home. So I definitely encourage going away on retreats to spend time together and to relax and enjoy each other's company. I know that children grow up so fast and with time continually ticking by, we definitely want to spend some special times together as they grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment