Thursday 11 June 2015

When you get bored/stressed/depressed/bug eyed... - Just Dance!

My middle child introduced this to me on 'You tube' last year and I loved it but soon got busy with so many other things and forgot all about it. But again, this year, in doing a unit in school on healthy families she reminded me about it, I thought I'd seriously give it a go and have been hooked ever since.

So the scenario goes something like this. I'm one of a team of 5 women at work and have called ourselves "Wonder Women" and we all wear a pedometer to count how many steps we've taken. My personal goal is 10,000 steps per day but often in the office it's way less and when I get home I'm too tired. So this fills the gap.

I've now clocked almost 500,000 steps since we started in March/April and still have a way to go. It certainly makes me think about it as when we were in Sydney, one day of site seeing and walking around along the Waterfront at the Quay, Darling Harbour, I clocked over 30,000 steps.

I'd highly recommend walking for anyone as a neat form of exercise (if you're not into the elite fitness - that I was in my youth) and just to take it easy in both walking with a pedometer or dancing to the 'Just Dance' You tube videos, especially when you don't want to go out on a cold and wet day. Give it go! you never know - you might even like it :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment