Saturday 27 June 2015

Projects and SUPA

Being a working mum keeps me busy in ensuring that the household is running smoothly and that the various needs of my 3 children, husband and family are met as well as meeting my work and writing obligations. I think that's where prayers are important in asking for assistance from a higher power to assist in everyday living and daily decision making.

Last week I assisted my middle child in displaying her school project on a display board. I must say, that I was quite surprised as we've made up digital power point presentations before and she is very able to make up one by herself but she decided that she really wanted to be creative in displaying and work and asked for help and then I assisted her in it.

However, this week when it came to presenting the project orally in front of the senior school, she wasn't as confident and didn't complete her presentation, then I realised that I needed to spend more time with her on prepping for the oral presentation as I had done with the layout of the project.

I guess it assists me to consider, as a mum, about some of the skills that I need to pass on to my children that will assist them in the future. So upon reflection, I realise that I need to assist through to the end rather than leaving it at the oral prepping stage.

I'm also starting to support my elder child in her project work as last year I had started at the beginning of the year to assist and she did very well but this year I let her continue on her own and she hasn't been doing as well so have had to intervene and support.

It's those things that we do daily that can help or hinder or children in giving them educational support at home without telling them answers. It's that coaching position that we take, as parents, we we're cheering on the sidelines when we have given it what we can and then watch them take over the reigns to score that goal or make that touchdown.

This week it was rather important for me to see my children at work, in considering what the future holds for them, as it wasn't that long ago when I faced those very projects that when you take the time to work on them well, each one adds to confidence and facing the future with the realisation that you can do it - and sometimes with a little help from your coach...

No comments:

Post a Comment