Sunday 21 June 2015

e-books: Here I come!I

Thank you God for another inspirational morning. My lil' one woke me up around 5am this early Sunday morning and she promptly went back to sleep but I couldn't, so I decided to spend some time working on my books and then remembered...

When I had finished painting the illustrations for my first book "Sina and the Tuna" and had decided to look at publishing, I had two options to consider: 1) a physical book or 2) an e-book.

I'd looked at e-books before which would have been a lot more cheaper and possibly easier to start with but because I'm 'old-school' I really wanted to experience holding my first published book in my hands, checking out the overall look and feel of the book to critically analyse my decisions and to make it more accessible to its audience. All of that instead of holding a tablet.

Now that I've fulfilled my first initial goal to publish in print, I know that I made the right decision and am now ready to embark on a new adventure into cyberspace and publishing e-books for a new generation of readers and to also reach a global audience in sharing these important stories and in many more genre.

My eldest in a certain reminder as she used to really enjoyed reading books but then when she was introduced to reading e-books she enjoys the experience even more. To me it's the novelty of using a device rather than carrying around a book and it's portable enough to be taken anywhere without taking much space.

The above pic you can see how I've been playing around with different cover options for the first of my e-books that I am hoping to launch within the month. This is so exciting and will keep you posted...


No comments:

Post a Comment