Thursday 1 October 2015

Karakia and the power of prayer...

Today I was given the privilege of leading our rohe (campus) in prayer something which the founders of Te Wananga o Aotearoa insist to continue in all campuses throughout New Zealand.

In fact, I got up early and meditated on what I would actually be saying with some to be said in the Samoan language but decided not to go with Psalms 23 and the Lord's Prayer and to keep it simple.

As I child, I remember thinking that it was a chore (especially when my dad would insist on having family devotions during my favourite TV programme) but now I know that it's about tapping into a higher power that can stop or release things to happen in the atmosphere.

Later on in the day, I reflected on how prayer has changed so many things in my life and that as we pray and keep our minds open to what God can actually do - then miracles can occur when we least expect it. It's just about believing and following His precepts, no matter what the current trends in society are and He will make a way for us.

So never underestimate the power of prayer, cos any thing(s) can happen :)...


No comments:

Post a Comment