Tuesday 16 January 2018

'The Great Map of NZ stories'...

https://commutingbook.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?appid=0ca64079699f4a1f9ac2f1928460af5e

Image result for map of nzLast week, I came across a website called 'The Great Map of New Zealand stories' that seeks to locate books that mention NZ landmarks, geographical features, towns and cities, monuments or anything else that people have written or have read.

I then thought about the books that I had written that mention NZ towns and have uploaded the covers of 3 of my books so far:

  1. 'Tagaloalagi' (2015) a play that is located in Otara, Manukau
  2. 'Pacific Hibiscus' (2016) a poetry collection with poems about Mangere
  3. 'Mana Mangere Voices' (2017) a collection of short stories and poetry by people who have either lived, worked or have studied in Mangere with some writings located in Mangere.
Again, this has been a privilege to have been a part of and will be revisiting some of my other books to see which books have specific NZ place names etc. within them. As most of my picture books mention Samoa.

It does, however, encourage me to consider writing more about the country/island that I live in having travelled throughout the North Island and having visited some of the South Island areas. So in my next poetry collection will be considering to write about Queenstown and Wanaka, Christchurch as I remember it before the devasting earthquake and surrounding places in the North Island.

If you are interested, why not check it out in the hyperlink above...

No comments:

Post a Comment