Monday 8 January 2018

Publishing ebooks on www.amazon.com...

Image result for kindle direct publishingOne of the neat developments for self published authors, like myself, is the capacity to be able to publish on different platforms and through various media. This was unfathomable growing up where traditional publishers held the reins of who and what would get published. Digital developments have changed the landscape of publishing for good.

Last year, one of the goals that I had for myself was to relaunch all my books digitally to share with a wider global audience and I've now started launching those books, one book at a time, through www.amazon.com on the Kindle direct publishing platform. If you search my name you'll see the list that I've started building up - some I'll even republish as I get used to the different formats.

The thought behind it, as with many self published authors, is to be able to get to even remote locations around the world who are interested in reading your particular flavour of writing and are no longer limited by access to bookshops, libraries i.e. all one needs is a tablet and an internet connection to be able to buy an ebook and upload/download it onto a tablet/laptop etc. and then have full access to it at any time without having to lug books around.

This is particularly important for schools, some of which are moving to more digital technologies rather than full libraries of books for different departments, one can purchase ebooks through Kindle or other ebook websites and manage them on a digital device for individuals.

My aim is that by the end of the year, each of my books will be available as an ebook on Kindle KPD and those interested can have access to buy a printed copy that can also be bought through Amazon.com to allow for ease of access.

This then allows me more free time to write and create...


No comments:

Post a Comment