Sunday 21 January 2018

New poetry and short story collection...

Image result for short stories collectionIt's an exciting time as I'm currently working on my first short stories collection with some poetry. This is the collection that I have been working on since launching my first poetry collection called 'Pacific Hibiscus' in 2015. In fact, I'm currently in the throes of reprinting the poetry book and a couple of our other more popular books that are out of print.

This particular book will feature some new and some older poems that I didn't include in the first collection. It also builds on some of the themes that I started discussing in the first collection regarding legacies, identities and indigenous knowledge.

I'll also be publishing some of my earlier short stories that I've had time to mull over and rework / rethink in paving way for my novels which are still in the reworking phase. The first short story I published was last year (2016) in the 'Mana Mangere Voices' collection with other writers from the Mana Mangere writers collective. It is the closing story called 'Sunday school party' which was based on an experience I had as a child.

The thing I like about writing and reading short stories is that with a limited amount of space one must craft a story that hopefully will be memorable for the reader as well as thought provoking or invoking of thoughts and emotions. Will post on this blog when all is said and done...

No comments:

Post a Comment