Tuesday 9 January 2018

The Greatest Showman movie - Highly recommended...

Tonight our family went out for a treat to the movies and watched 'The Greatest Showman' starring Hugh Jackman, Zendaya and Zac Efron to name but a few. I must say that I wasn't really expecting much as I had been wanting to watch the next Star Wars franchise sequel.

However, I was pleasantly surprised as it was set in the Victorian era i.e. (Queen Victoria's 1800s) with all the racism, prejudices and bigotry that was rife in that age and it was a movie that at the heart of it was a celebration of humanity with all its differences and variations, yet still showing the ugly side of humanity as we also know it to be.

I won't spoil the storyline except to say that it showcased some neat music, dancing, singing and acting which is what makes for great musical theatre and a captivating movie that took audiences on a journey about fulfilling dreams but not forgetting what it's really for.

I would highly recommend this movie to all and hope that there are more movies like this to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment