Tuesday 2 March 2021

Day 3 of lockdown Alert level 3...

It's the third day of our lockdown Alert level 3 and I've been able to catch up with some overdue work, studies, and also overdue housework.

All this whilst in self-isolation as when I took my youngest to the doctors for a checkup on Sunday for a sore throat, the symptoms she was presenting were within the range of the COVID-19 virus so we were told to go get a test with a negative outcome before they would see her.

This had me a little worried as I know that with sore throats in children that you have to be very careful and watchful as it can develop into a more serious case if not tended to. So we went to the Airport testing station that opened at midday with few people there (at the time).

It still took 90 minutes and I tried to take a nap during the time. When it came to the actual test, I found out that it's quite painful if you've had a broken nose (which I did have in a serious car accident that I was involved with in my twenties). So finally we got the test results yesterday and it was a negative for both of us but now our youngest feels better, is recovering and doesn't need to go back.

So much for the COVID test but it did remind me that we still need to stay vigilant as this deadly virus is being contained in the Quarantine facilities but there has been community transmission so the best thing is to stay home and not be in contact with people and places where it could spread i.e. Alert level 3 lockdown guidelines...

No comments:

Post a Comment