Sunday 21 March 2021

The movie "Cousins" a sad story...


 This week I got to watch the movie "Cousins" with my middle child. I had been anticipating this movie as Patricia Grace is one of my fave Maori women writers and I'd studied particularly one of her books at Uni called 'Potiki' that had absolutely captured me.

So I was looking forward to watching this movie although I couldn't remember if I'd read this book to the end as I'd read many of her short stories and even taught some of her stories when teaching in high school.

I must say that I was rather disappointed at the Cinematography and the storytelling as although it had some beautiful parts, I did think that some of the parts were rather disjointed and it wasn't as fluid as I had hoped for telling the story. Although I thought the story itself would have been beautifully told by Patricia.

So it was a bit sad for me to leave the theatre feeling a little letdown. It was interesting to note that some of the audience clapped at the end of the movie before leaving. I just couldn't join them due to my disappointment as I had wanted to take my class to watch it but it left me feeling sad about it...



No comments:

Post a Comment