Thursday 11 March 2021

Disney's "Raya and the last dragon"...


 A couple of nights ago, my lil' sis bought on Disney+, premier access to watch "Raya and the last dragon" before it hits cinemas this month. It was neat to watch as a family and everyone really enjoyed it. I've still gotta say that "Moana" is my fave Disney movie but now our family has a new film to add to our list of faves.

It was also interesting to go to our local "The Warehouse", on a recent shopping trip, to find Raya, dragon dolls and paraphernalia that I was quite surprised was already on shop shelves, especially during these COVID times, as I remember looking for Moana dolls, bags etc. when it was first released, and there wasn't stock for weeks even months at our local shops.

I'll not talk about the movie spoilers but what I did find interesting was that the two prominent roles were young female warriors. This is interesting as some years ago, one would not see any women in hand-to-hand combat roles in Disney Princess movies but things have changed to where it is accepted as is seen in the real world with women in the armed forces.

Definitely, a highly recommended movie to watch for the family to watch this autumn/fall season...


No comments:

Post a Comment