Friday 12 March 2021

Ph.D. noho at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi...

 

For the last 4 days, I've been very privileged to attend a Zoom noho (digital overnight stay/study) with other Masters and Ph.D. students from Te Whare Wananga o Awanuiarangi including a number of post-graduate distance learning indigenous students from the islands of Hawaii and North West USA.

The beauty of being able to attend but also continue with work and other writings whilst still being present in the zoom sessions was excellent and appealed to my multi-tasking abilities.

Zoom is amazing technology that allows for being present in places that I would otherwise have not been able to i.e. the sessions are taking place in Whakatane (some 3.5 hours drive away from Auckland) and being able to converse with people across New Zealand and then including other world nations is pretty incredible.

Yet, still being able to share ideas, listen and participate in discussions with my other learned colleagues and being able to consider indigenous research and what that means for me as an individual and what does that entails in being an indigenous diaspora woman writer or researcher? a neat space to be in.

This has certainly been an interesting and exciting event that has gotten me ready for the last sprint of writing up my thesis with a deadline to hand in next year. It's also the same for my lil' sis to finish off her Master's exegesis by the end of year. All the best for all students studying out there... 



No comments:

Post a Comment