Monday 1 March 2021

Parker vs Fa (Heavyweight boxing) and a lockdown level 3...

 

It's been such a busy weekend that I didn't get to post on my blog so although this post is a little behind the times, now that the nation is at Lockdown level 3, I thought to post it anyway.

On the weekend, (Saturday) I watched the Heavyweight boxing match between Joseph Parker (NZ Samoan) and Junior Fa (Tongan) live on TV with Spark Sports

I'm not a big boxing fan but my Dad is and we were able to watch it through paid viewing which was around $50 and could be viewed on different devices.

Joseph Parker won the match at the end of the night but it was quite difficult to tell at times as both were strong fighters.

And so with the Super Rugby on as well, Sports fans would have had a ball but then only be told at 9pm on Saturday that we would be facing a lockdown (Alert level 3) from Sunday morning at 6am for 7 days.

That means no school for children, no church for many (except online), working from home for those who are able to and generally staying home and staying in your bubble. Although with the amount of cars on the road that I see around, I wonder if some people are becoming complacent.

With this particular variant of the COVID-19 strand, I think it pays to still be vigilant and to limit contact with people except for those in your bubble. So for me, watching TV and not attending any super-spreader events is important especially as in having seniors who are vulnerable in my household. 

So stay safe and be kind out there. As this virus is no respecter of persons...

No comments:

Post a Comment