Sunday 29 August 2021

Disney's new movie 'Jungle Cruise'...


 This weekend I got to watch Dwayne Johnson's (a.k.a. the Rock) new Disney movie called 'Jungle Cruise' with Emily Blunt. I must say that I wasn't expecting it to be anything like it turned out to be as it certainly action packed.

It's interesting in that it is set in the early 1900s during World War I and it brings together different stories about a quest to find hidden treasure as in Aztec Gold in the Amazon i.e. the Jungles of Brazil. There's a little geography lesson in the places that they need to go to, to get to the treasure.

Without giving anything away (no spoiler alerts), I would definitely recommend this movie as a family movie during this lockdown period. It happily allows you to suspend your disbelief and takes the worries and cares away as it transports you to another time and place in the magic of Disney...


No comments:

Post a Comment