Tuesday 24 August 2021

Punialava'a - Fave song for lockdown...


This is one of my fave songs from last year that I started listening to in the first Alert level 4 lockdown. I discovered it in listening to my dad's and late granma's favourite radio station 'Radio Samoa (whilst hanging out at my parents' house as the lockdown levels came down. 

It's sung by one of my parents' favourite popular bands in Samoa except that now it's the next generations who've taken up the mantle to carry on the legacy that was started by their family members sometime in Samoa during the 1970s. 

This is one of their songs that incorporates some Maori haka aspects (my own personal opinion) i.e. he he ha! Even better to dance to with your best hula, contemporary or siva (dance) Samoa moves. Especially during these lockdown times. There's even a Cook Islands ukulele sound that you could put your cool Cook Islands dance skills to good use.

It even makes me laugh with word 'Auoia' as that's a Samoan expression whenever something seems to have gone wrong. I learnt that from my parents :) Hope this brings a spring into your step with Spring just on the horizon...


No comments:

Post a Comment