Friday 20 August 2021

'The Repair Shop' TV programme...

 

As I've now locked down at my parents' house with my youngest, for this level 4 lockdown, it's been neat to be able to be with them and catch up with my folks. It's especially been neat not having to worry about them in being in the same bubble.

In being at our second home, I've been able to catch up with some of the programmes that I usually don't get to watch unless I'm at their place. 'The Repair Shop' is one of those new TV programmes that I've enjoyed as it has a lot of good stories about heirloom pieces that are repaired by artisans.

You only have to watch one episode to see how popular it has become and I also read an online article about how many didn't think that it would be as popular as it is now. I think it's because of the stories that are behind why many come to the 'Repair Shop' to repair a variety of items that would be very expensive to try or do not have the skills to do by yourself.

The skills of the artisans (my word for the skilled craftspeople) are quite amazing with woodturners, leather workers, sewing machinists, engineers, designers, mechanical craftspeople and the list goes on. Just simple amazing reveals at the end too. I'd highly recommend it for inspiring crafts people...

No comments:

Post a Comment